Does it dim your headlights and affect your visibility while driving? Wondering how to clean them? No panic! We suggest many clever tricks to solve this problem. In just a few steps, your headlights will be sparkling clean again. Follow the guide.
Dim or dull headlights can be a real nightmare for all of us. Fortunately, thanks to our methods, say goodbye to this inconvenience! Both for your comfort and for your safety.
Why do car headlights turn opaque?
Over time, car headlights can take on a dull appearance. This can be for many reasons: UV exposure, water and dust, and temperature changes. Also, having opaque headlights prevents light from reflecting properly, which risks affecting visibility and causing incidents on the road. Your safety is a priority!
Also read: Why do radars never show the real speed of the car?
Why is it important to clean and renew the headlights of your car?
The renovation and cleaning of the headlights guarantee your safety. In fact, when they wear out and get dirty, they risk affecting your field of vision on the road, especially at night. Also keep in mind that car headlights that have become opaque or opaque can cause problems during MOT, which can lead to a subsequent visit and wasted time. Cosmetically, nothing is more appealing than bright, clean headlights. For these reasons, you will discover in this article smart methods to clean and renew your headlights for an impeccable result.
A versatile product, baking soda is known for its housekeeping properties that we never stop praising on our website. Thanks to its abrasive action, it allows easy detachment and removal of “dirt”. So you can use it to clean your dull headlights. To do this, nothing simpler! You just need to follow these steps:
- Mix a cup of baking soda with a little hot water to make a thick, creamy paste.
- Apply your solution directly to the lenses
- Scrub them carefully with a damp sponge, then rinse with clean water.
- Finally, the last step, dry with a microfiber cloth for a perfect shine.
Quick Tip: Don’t scrub too aggressively to avoid damaging your headlights.
Other tips to clean the headlights of your car
With dirt buildup, your car’s headlights can become dim. As a result, regular maintenance is required. That is why we offer you a multitude of methods, using products that you probably have at home, to clean your chimneys. Let’s review together!
How to clean your opaque headlight with white vinegar?
Always used by our grandmothers, white vinegar is famous for cleaning surfaces. This is also the case with the headlights of your car. You could use it to remove layers of dullness and dirt. Here are some steps to follow for a nickel result:
- Mix 3 parts water with 1 part white vinegar. As a rough guide, this equates to one cup of white vinegar to 3 cups of warm water.
- Now that your solution is ready, move on to cleaning. Pour your solution into a spray bottle, then spray your vehicle’s headlights.
- Let sit for about a minute, as long as the product can soften dirt.
- Using a microfiber cloth, use circular motions to clean (careful, be delicate but not too delicate). In this way, you will avoid leaving traces. No more dark, yellowed headlights with this nifty hack.
How to clean your opaque headlight with toothpaste?
Want to have sparkling clean headlights? it is not necessary to resort to expensive products. Just use the good toothpaste found in your bathroom to clean your optical blocks. Bring a sponge, water and toothpaste. So the method is very smooth.
- Apply a small amount of toothpaste to the surface of the optical headlamp.
- With the sponge soaked in water, rub gently.
- Rinse with clean water and dry your headlight. Well that’s it !
Simple but effective! This solution requires a minimum of effort to achieve the desired result.
The glass cleaner to polish the headlights of your vehicle
Dim headlights are often the result of insufficient maintenance. To restore its transparency, you can use a glass cleaner specially designed to polish car headlights.
Essential in every home, surely you have the window cleaning product in your closet. Here is our advice to use it and recover the transparency of your optical headlights.
- Spray it on all your fires
- Let stand, rinse with clean water and then dry with a microfiber cloth.
What could be easier and more obvious to make your headlights shine again!
How to make sure that dull headlights are polished with a homemade mixture?
A dull headlight can be easily polished with this homemade recipe.
Our remedy is made up of white vinegar, dishwashing liquid, and baking soda. Endowed with formidable efficiency, its results are guaranteed! Discover the steps to follow:
- In a spray bottle, mix a glass of white vinegar, a glass of water and a tablespoon of liquid detergent.
- Shake your spray and then spray all of your headlights to cover the entire surface.
- Let stand for a while. (5 to 10 minutes)
- Clean with a soft cloth to avoid scratching and leaving traces on your lenses.
After applying our method, your fogged up headlight will be perfectly cleaned and polished.
Mosquito repellent spray, a solution to clean your headlights
The opacity of the headlights is sometimes caused by traces of pollen and mosquitoes. To get rid of it, we have the “trick” you need. Nothing better than a mosquito repellent. Spray it all over the infected part, then rinse with clean water. All traces of insects will instantly disappear!
Also read: What is the ideal temperature in your house room by room when it is cold?
In some cases, you will be forced to wash the interior of the headlight for a perfect result. It will have to be disassembled and cleaned from the inside, in exactly the same way as the methods mentioned above. For drying, we recommend that you use a hair dryer.
As you will have understood, in this article we have presented several clever tips for cleaning your optical drives. No more dim, dull headlights! This way, you can drive safely and enjoy your headlights being clean and bright!
Also read: Why should you turn off your phone’s Wi-Fi when you’re on the go? you might regret it
#Dull #headlights #Put #ingredient #costs #cents