france footballwho awards the Ballon d’Or every year, revealed this Saturday all the votes for the 2022 edition. Karim Benzema triumphed in the debates by being placed in first position by 89 of the 93 journalists on the jury.
France had been waiting for this since the coronation of Zinédine Zidane in 1998. On Monday, Karim Benzema was crowned the 2022 Ballon d’Or after a season in which he led Real Madrid to final victory in the Champions League, not to mention a new title. of the league. This Saturday the votes of the different countries for france football with an impressive statistic: the French striker finished with 549 points out of a possible 558 units.
In total, 93 journalists, each representing a country, established the classification of this Ballon d’Or, awarding the best player of the 2021-2022 season. Karim Benzema came in first place out of 89 votes. Egypt and the Netherlands opted for Mohamed Salah. Sadio Mané came first at home in Senegal, where Slovenia put Kevin de Bruyne in first position.
Vinicius and Mbappé second in four countries each
Second in the final classification behind Karim Benzema, Sadio Mané was placed as Benzema’s dolphin in 28 countries. To highlight among the other votes, the enormous valuation of Vinicius Jr in certain countries where he is designated as number 2 (Kyrgyzstan, Mexico, Oman, Saudi Arabia), which is undoubtedly something to delight Neymar, who lambasted the bad classification of his compatriot.
Kylian Mbappé is number 2 in Palestine, Ghana, Paraguay and Canada, Kevin De Bruyne, Thibaut Courtois, Robert Lewandowski, Mohamed Salah and Riyad Mahrez are the other players who have placed second at least once.
As a reminder, given the criticism that has arisen in recent years, the jury of france football, which organizes the Ballon d’Or, has hardened. In the most original votes, the Colombian journalist chose his compatriot Luis Díaz to complete the top 5. Portugal also played on the patriotic fiber by integrating Rafael Leao in last place… an election shared by North Macedonia, where Finland and Equatorial Guinea put Fabinho last in the top 5. Dusan Vlahovic added his only point thanks to Iran.
No votes for Cristiano Ronaldo
Currently sidelined by cancer, Sébastien Haller finished 13th in the Ballon d’Or thanks to fourth place in the Ivory Coast, his country. Son Heung-min is just outside the top 10 thanks to South Korea (4th) and Nigeria (3rd). Virgil van Dijk came fifth from Georgia, his only vote.
Eleven players have not scored any points in this ranking, including Cristiano Ronaldo, Harry Kane, Mike Maignan or Phil Foden. The Portuguese took the twentieth only thanks to a greater number of nominations for the Ballon d’Or compared to his competitors, a way of deciding between the players who did not receive any votes.
1. Karim Benzema (FRA, 34 years old; Real Madrid) – 549pts
2. Sadio Mané (SEN, 30 years old; Liverpool/Bayern Munich) – 193pts
3. Kevin De Bruyne (BEL, 31 years old; Manchester City) – 175pts
4. Robert Lewandowski (POL, 33 years old; Bayern Munich / FC Barcelona) – 170pts
5. Mohamed Salah (EGY, 30; Liverpool) – 116 points
6. Kylian Mbappé (FRA, 23 years old; Paris-SG) – 85pts
7. Thibaut Courtois (BEL, 30 years old; Real Madrid) – 82pts
8. Vinicius Jr (BRE, 22; Real Madrid) – 61pts
9. Luka Modric (CRO, 36 years old; Real Madrid) – 20pts
10. Erling Haaland (NOR, 22 years old; Borussia Dortmund/Manchester City) – 18pts
11. Heung-min Son (CDS, 30; Tottenham) – 5 points
12. Riyad Mahrez (ALG, 31 years old; Manchester City) – 4 points
13. Sébastien Haller (CIV, 28 years old; Ajax Amsterdam / Borussia Dortmund) -2 points
14. Rafael Leao (POR, 23; AC Milan) – 2 points
14. Fabinho (BRE, 28; Liverpool) – 1 point
16. Virgil van Dijk (HOL, 31 years old; Liverpool) – 1 point
17. Casemiro (BRE, 30; Real Madrid/Manchester United) – 1pt
17. Dusan Vlahovic (SER, 22; Fiorentina/Juventus Turin) – 1pt
17. Luis Díaz (COL, 25 years old; Porto/Liverpool) – 1 pt
20. Cristiano Ronaldo (GOR, 37; Juventus/Manchester United) – 0pt
21. Harry Kane (ENG, 29; Tottenham) – 0 points
22. Bernardo Silva (POR, 28; Manchester City) – 0 points
22. Trent Alexander-Arnold (ENG, 23; Liverpool) – 0 points
22. Phil Foden (ENG, 22; Manchester City) – 0 points
25. Darwin Núñez (URU, 23; Benfica/Liverpool) – 0 pts
25. Christopher Nkunku (FRA, 24 years old; RB Leipzig) – 0 points
25. Joao Cancelo (BY, 28; Manchester City) – 0 points
25. Antonio Rüdiger (GER, 29 years old; Chelsea/Real Madrid) – 0 pts
25. Mike Maignan (FRA, 27 years old; AC Milan) – 0 points
25. Joshua Kimmich (GER, 27; Bayern Munich) – 0 points
#Ballon #dOr #voting #details #Benzemas #extreme #dominance.. #surprises